After acne is treated successfully, it can leave ugly, discolored "scars" behind. These discolorations are really not scars but are a form of hyperpigmentation left behind after the pimple is gone.
This acne regimen is designed to clear up acne and acne scars. The acne treatment offers two toners to chose from, with one toner specifically addressing hyperpigmentation "scars."
The Spot Fading Toner is an alcohol-free toner which contains dermatologist-recommended 2% hydroquinone to lighten and prevent post-acne marks and spots. Salicylic acid removes dead skin cells and keeps pores clear, and prepares skin for treatment.
However, if you are using the acne treatment and some stubborn acne scars won't go away, simply purchase the Skin Lightening Treatment and substitute it for the Dual Intensive Treatment every evening (but continue using the Dual Intensive Treatment every morning).
Occlusion Therapy for Acne Scars
1) Use the full acne treatment in the morning.
2) At night, use the acne treatment Sulfur Wash to unclog pores and reduce redness.
3) Use the Spot Fading Toner to lighten and prevent post-acne marks and spots.
4) Use the Skin Lightening Treatment in the evening as step 3 and substitute it for the Dual Intensive Treatment. Apply a dime-sized portion of Skin Lightening Treatment evenly over the entire face every evening, avoiding the eye area. Allow the treatment to penetrate skin. Do not rinse off. (Use once every other day and increase to twice daily as tolerated if you experience any sensitivity at first).
5) Plastic Wrap/Saran Wrap: Cut or tear plastic or saran wrap or plastic wrap and lay it over the extra layer of Skin Lightening Treatment. Let it set for 2 hours.
6) Remove the plastic wrap, blend in the Skin Lightening Treatment, and leave it on the skin. If the skin feels dry after treatment you can follow with a moisturizer. *
Do this occlusion treatment 2 hours a day, 5 days a week for 2 weeks. If any stubborn dark acne marks do not lighten after 2 weeks of occlusion therapy, you may need to see a dermatologist.
* The two best moisturizers to chose from to add to the Occlusion Therapy are:
a) Moisture Replenishing Cream is a more moisturizing with a rich, dewy formula that soothes, hydrates and nourishes.
b) Sensitive Skin Treatment is a hydrating cream with exclusive RFp3 peptide technology helps to interrupt the inflammatory cascade to promote smooth, clear, healthy-looking skin. However, it is less moisturizing than the moisture cream.